Thursday, March 8, 2012

Less than 48 Hours...

...Until the Trinity Choir departs on our Northeast tour! Can you feel the excitement? Today was our last rehearsal before our departure, and I'm really pleased with the shape we're in as a group! We sound wonderful, if I do say so myself! By now, I'm sure members of our choir have begun the long process of packing (doing laundry, dry-cleaning concert attire, and fitting it all into that suitcase). One thing that will be interesting is seeing all these Texas folk (myself included) try to survive the end of winter in the northeast. Supposedly, it's supposed to be in the low 40s/high 30s when we arrive in Washington, D.C. Last time I checked, it has been a consistent 70 degrees here in the lone star state, and I'm a little afraid that we're all going to freeze! Hopefully some of our out-of-staters will teach us how to do it right. :)
One more thing I want to show all of you before I go is a picture of one of the incredible venues we're singing in on tour- St. Matthew's Cathedral in Washington, D.C. Seriously, I've been looking through all the stops we're making, and this place is going to be GORGEOUS! Take a look:
 Amazing, right? This tour is giving the members of our group so many amazing opportunities to perform in grand venues and even give a private concert at the Supreme Court. How many people in the world can say they've done that? I'm pumped! Alrighty, friends and awesome blog followers, I'm out for now. Be on the lookout for updates, specifically from the airport on Saturday morning. You won't wanna miss it!
Cheers,
Megan King

No comments:

Post a Comment